Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday in United States

Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving in the USA and falls on the Friday after the fourth Thursday in November. It is a busy shopping day as many people do not have to work. Many start shopping for the upcoming Christmas season.
In the United States, it is very popular to start Christmas shopping on Black Friday. Many stores have special offers with very low prices on some goods, particularly on electronics and popular toys.Most stores only have a few of the most popular items at very low prices. This means that some people go shopping very early in the morning or even overnight to make sure that they will find what they want.
Many people think that Black Friday is the busiest shopping day in the year. In most years, it is the day, on which the most people visit brick-and-mortar stores. However, the day on which most money is actually spent is usually the Saturday before Christmas.
There are some popular theories as to why the day after Thanksgiving is called Black Friday. One theory says that it is because of the extremely heavy traffic on the roads on this day. The wheels of the vehicles left a lot of black markings on the road surface, leading to the term Black Friday.

I just got home from shopping and I found some good/cheap stuff that I needed: a GPS, women accessories and lots of clothes =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can imagine how many clothes you bought!!!! You are a capitalist crazy person!!!!! kkkkkkkkk
At last you bought a GPS!!!!
I'm so happy for you!!!!
Now, I hope you never will be lost.
Xoxo
Your friend from Spain very soon!!!!

Milene Vieira said...

ahahhahahahaha..its true!!I wont be lost!
Ahhh MISS you so much =/

WISH YOU WERE HERE!!!!!

you should come visit me...rs or go to Spain as soon as possible so I can meet up with you. How about that?hihihi

Anonymous said...

Ohh my darling I miss u so much!!!! My goofy girl!!!!!
Of course you can visit me in Spain!!!!
You always will be well coming at my home anywhere of the world!
Love you girl!!!!
xoxo